The 7 Best Frugal Living Tips to Save Money
Frugal living doesn’t make you stingy; it makes you smart. You are able to get the full value out of every cent you spend and save more money for what matters most. Here are some of the best frugal living tips that you can start doing today.
Best Frugal Living Tips
Start a Budget Recipe Collection
The Internet is full of recipes that are cheap to make, but don’t scrimp on flavor. You can even find copycat recipes of your favorite restaurant meals.
Use a recipe app to save the recipes and make a meal plan. If you’re busy, you can pre-cook and freeze them ahead of time. It’s cheaper (and healthier) than food delivery and microwaveable meals.
Sign up for Coupon and Sales Aggregators
Coupons can save tons of money, but how do you find them? Many websites and apps do the job for you, and send you alerts when a certain type of product or store has a special discount or voucher code. It’s a good way to take advantage of the best frugal living tips to save money and time.
Know your Neighborhood (and Online) Thrift Stores
Shopping for pre-loved items doesn’t just save you money, but it’s also environmentally-friendly. You give new life and purpose to things that would’ve ended up in a landfill. Aside from thrift stores in your neighborhood, check online stores and classifieds for second-hand clothes, furniture, toys, appliances and more.
While you’re browsing for bargains, consider selling the items that you don’t need. Who knows, the money you earn from selling your stuff could help cover the cost of your other purchases.
Be Smart about Bulk Shopping
Many supermarkets will hold sales on non-perishable items. But don’t make the mistake of overspending on items you don’t need—or blowing your weekly supermarket budget on a year’s supply of toilet paper. This is not a good way to apply the best frugal living tips for your money.
To maximize the savings, find someone who can split the cost with you. You can even partner up and notify each other of different sales.
Find Free (or Very Cheap) Entertainment
You can have a great date or a fun family weekend without spending a cent. Have a picnic in the park, go hiking at a nearby trail, swim at a public pool or beach, or watch a free concert. Follow the social media accounts of the nearby museums, cultural venues, libraries and schools so you’re notified of any free events. If it’s free, it’s a great way to put the best frugal living tips into practice.
Research DIY Projects
You don’t have to be a crafts queen or a master carpenter to do a DIY project. Thanks to online tutorials and community classes, you can learn practical skills so you can make or fix things instead of having to buy them or hire a contractor. Once again, putting the best frugal living tips into play.
For example, you can learn how to sew, do simple car or house repairs, do your own nails, or even make your own beauty products and household cleaning products. (These are the things we wish they taught in school, instead of Algebra.)
Keep a Money Journal
Write down all your expenses in a notebook or app. Even the best budgets are derailed by small purchases that add up and then make you ask, “Where did my paycheck go?” A money journal can help you track your expenses, and plan for them better.
Bonus Tip: How to Find Money for Emergency Expenses
Being frugal and using the best frugal living tips, can help you take charge of your money, but remember the Scouts motto: always be prepared. Even if you have all the bases covered, there’s always the possibility of a financial emergency that forces you to raise emergency money in just 1 or 2 days.
The solution: Southwest Title Loans. Title loans are short-term loans that let you borrow up to $15,000. It can be used for urgent emergency expenses such as medical bills, car or house repairs, important unexpected travel, or any personal financial needs that can’t be covered by savings or insurance.
What are Title Loans?
Title loans let you use a vehicle title for collateral. This can be a car, truck, motorcycle, SUV or RV. As long as it is registered under your name, fully paid, and is lien free (no loans or judgments against it), you can use it to take out a title loan.
What are the Benefits of Title Loans?
- Does not need a high credit score. Even if you have a bad credit score or no established credit history, you are still eligible for a car title loan.
- Fast processing time. The best lenders such as Southwest Title Loans have a simple and streamlined process that takes less than 30 minutes to complete—and the money is deposited to your account on the next business day.
- Continue using your car. You only have to show your car title and your vehicle for inspection. Once the loan is approved, you can drive away with your car and your cash.
- Minimal requirements. You just need to have a government issued ID, a lien-free vehicle title, and a vehicle inspection.
How do I Apply for a Title Loan?
- Do you live in Arizona and looking for title loans near me, simply visit Southwesttitleloans.com to fill out our online query to get started.
- If you apply online, the information is sent to the nearest branch. One of our customer service representatives will call you to explain the process and the requirement documents.
- Go to the convenient branch. Since you filled out a form, all your information has already been sent, you don’t have to fill out a lot of paperwork. Just bring a state-issued ID, car title and the vehicle for inspection.
- The customer representative will explain the loan amount you qualify for. Once your paperwork is complete and your contract is signed, you’ll receive your money electronically.
Have any questions about how to raise emergency cash? Contact Southwest Title Loans and we’ll be happy to explain title loans, registration loans, and other loan options.
Taking advantage of the best frugal living tips listed above, can help you to save and budget your money, so that you finally obtain the financial security you are looking for. If you run into any financial emergencies on your way to financial security, don’t hesitate to contact us at Southwest title Loans. Our representatives are here to help with the fast Arizona title loan cash you need, when you need it.
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.